If you purchase an ATF regulated item online, it is required by law that a licensed FFL has to facilitate the transfer to the individual that purchased the product. We would be happy to handle your transfer and help you answer any questions you have regarding this process. If this whole process is new to you, please contact us with any questions you may have.
Here is how it works:
Pick which transfer suits your needs and purchase it. You can pay for it online or you can choose to pay when you pick your item up.
- We will email you a copy of our FFL to give to the place you purchased from.
- Once we receive your item, we will email you to let you know it is ready to pickup along with a link to schedule your appointment for pickup.
- Come in to the shop at the time you schedule, we will do any necessary paperwork and background checks to transfer the item to you.
- Go home enjoy your new firearm and tell all your friends about us, make sure to check out our finishing options while you are in the shop.
A few notes on this service:
- The reason we ask for the origin and a description of what we are transferring is to help us keep track of what we have to transfer, please let us know who you bought the item from and a brief description of what it is. Example: Bud's Gun Shop, Glock 19
If you have a Concealed Carry permit or a Pistol Permit issued by the state of NC, we are not required to run a NICS background check for your transfer.
- If a NICS check is required, there is an additional $5 fee that is automatically calculated when you add your transfer to your shopping cart
- If you use a Pistol Permit for your transfer, we are required to keep the permit you used, it is only valid for one transfer, but you can transfer multiple items on the same 4473 using one permit.
- If you receive a DENIED response on your NICS background check, we will return the item to where it came from for your refund, but you have to pay any shipping fees. For more info on a denied response and appeals, CLICK HERE
- In the case of a DELAYED response on your NICS background check, If we not received a final determination from the NICS after three business days have elapsed since the delay response, it is at our discretion whether or not to transfer the firearm. For more info on a delayed response, CLICK HERE
- We reserve the right to not facilitate the transfer for any reason we deem necessary, in which case all of your fees collected by us will be refunded and the item returned to where we received it from. We will not risk our FFL for any transfers that we suspect are illegal or any kind of straw purchase.
- If you receive a DENIED response, we will not transfer the firearm to someone else that you send in, please don't ask us to do anything shady, we will not do anything that is not strictly within the letter of the law.
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The firearm transfer went very smooth and the staff at Weapon Works LLC were very helpful and professional. I recommend that everyone looking for firearms, accessories and/or services in Alamance County should stop in and check them out!
Awesome customer service and very fair prices! Highly recommend!
Outstanding customer service and communication
Fast and professional. I am a repeat customer and plan to continue utilizing them.